- Acted for a Public Listed Company in a suit for breach of directors’ fiduciary duties, breaches of the provisions of the Companies Act 2016 and conspiracy to defraud and getting an award in excess of RM100 million in damages.
- Acted for a Public Listed Company and its major shareholders in a claim brought by a shareholder for breach of trust and breach of statutory duties pursuant to the Capital Market and Services Act 2007.
- Acted in proceedings on oppression of shareholders.
- Acted in various proceedings involving shareholders’ disputes.
- Acted in proceedings for various types of injunctions e.g Mareva (Freezing) Injunctions, Anton Piller, Erinford Injunction, to restrain the removal of directors and, to restrain the transfer of shares.
- Acted in petitions to wind up companies on various grounds e.g just and equitable, that the directors have acted in the affairs of the company in their own interests, etc
- Acted in proceedings for directors to inspect a company’s accounting records.
- Acted in proceedings for stay of legal proceedings e.g stay pending arbitration, stay pending appeal, stay pending the determination of other suits.
Commercial litigation and arbitration
- Acted in various judicial review proceedings, including acting for the state financial officer of Pahang.
- Acted for a company in proceedings against inter alia a state-owned national land development agency in a claim for inter alia unjust enrichment seeking damages of RM170 million.
- Acted on behalf of a Public Listed Company in a claim brought by a statutory body in a contractual dispute in relation to an agreement to develop and install a financial software solution.
- Acted for a shareholder in a shareholders’ dispute in respect of a company with net assets in excess of RM 1,500,000,000.00.
- Acted for family members in a claim for wilful default and misconduct in the administration of the Estate of a deceased patriarch of a prominent family which has a substantial interest in a bank.
- Acted in proceedings for a company concerning the exercise of judicial functions in the Court of Appeal in relation to whether adverse findings made by the Court of Appeal showed a real danger of bias.
- Acted in an arbitration for inter-alia a Malaysian party for a claim brought by a company registered in the Kingdom of Thailand in relation to a contractual dispute involving a petroleum development project.