Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Acted for various individuals of a family to oppose multiple financial institutions under financing and guarantee agreements.
- Acted for a public listed company to oppose a financial institution under financing and corporate guarantee agreements.
- Acted for a public listed company to oppose a winding-up Petition filed by a financial institution.
- Acted for an individual to oppose the registration of a foreign judgment.
- Acted for a company to set aside a Mareva Injunction disguised as an Injunction obtained by a financial institution.
- Advised a group of companies for the recovery of unauthorised directors’ fees against 2 of their directors.
- Acted for agent in a claim against the Insurance company for unpaid commission and to oppose the Insurance company’s counter suit against the agent for uncollected premiums.
- Acted for an investment bank to defend claims brought against it for alleged dealings by its dealer’s representative.
- Acted for a company for recovery of rental and vacant possession of premises against a company and its Receiver and Manager.
- Acted for a Singapore company to enforce a third party indemnity furnished by a public listed company in favour of its subsidiary company for the continuity and completion of construction services rendered and material supplied to its subsidiary company.
- Acted for a developer to enforce the call on a performance bond furnished by an insurance company which is disputed by the contractor.
- Acted for landlord to claim against tenant for unpaid rentals and vacant possession and consequential damages for wrongfully holding over possession.
- Acted for the ex directors of a company to oppose a Mareva Injunction obtained by the company in pursuit of its claim against them for alleged failure to declare their interest in projects, for breach of fiduciary duties and consequently for an account of profits.
- Acted for a contractor against a developer for payments certified by architect.
Shareholders Dispute Litigation
- Acted for the shareholders of a company to oppose a claim by another shareholder seeking the transfer of shares alleged to be held on trust by one of the shareholders and for an investigation and audit of the accounts of the company.
- Acted for a public listed company against a claim for breach of subscription and shareholders’ agreement.
- Advised 3 Singapore companies to oppose proceedings filed by a shareholder claiming to be oppressed who sought to wind up the companies.